Saturday, December 19, 2009

I know I've fallen out for a few months and I'm sorry.  We completed our move to Chicago back in early Sept and have spent the last 3 or so months trying to find some decent work.  Well it finally happened.  Starting Jan 4 I'll finally be in a good position.  Then Hopefully I'll be able to start working on figuring out Chicago's waterways.  
I've spent a good deal of time on the water since I've been here.  Being unemployed and 2 blocks from the big lake gave me a lot of time to play.  And during the salmon season no less!  Unfortunately, no dice.  I have no idea how to fish the lake.   It's Fucking huge and I have no idea where to start around here.  
There's also the river.  Which most of the time is lined with currogated steel and you're standing on a "bank" 10 feet above the waterline.  Makes it interesting to say the least.
But that's what the winter is for.  Research, research, and fly tying.  And some ice fishing (which I haven't done in years)!  
So hopefully next spring I'll be able to get a new camera and start getting more regualr with this thing.  I'm hoping to hook up with some more area fly guys so if anyone knows anyone in the area, hit me up.  
Hope everyone enjoys the winter.  Good luck and I'll see you next spring.

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear you've got a new gig. looking forward to hearing about your new adventures.
    SBW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fantastic Xmas mate...-27'c here today.Froze my bollocks off.

    ReplyDelete